What are you waiting for? Fill out our online application form or contact us for more information.
EMAIL our office at email@example.com or CALL 1-250-951-0857.
Before you begin
Qualicum School District will only accept complete applications using our secure online application system.
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary information and documents. You will need the applicant’s complete information and at least one parent’s complete information. This includes names, birthdates, addresses, etc. Required and recommended documents (see below) must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each. If any document is larger than 5MB, it has been scanned at too high a resolution and must be re-scanned at a lower resolution before beginning the application process.
The application fee is $500 CAD and is non-refundable. This fee includes the application fee, the homestay finder fee, notary fees, and airport pick up from Nanaimo or Comox.
In order to submit an application, the document listed below is required. If you do not upload this document into the online application system, you cannot complete the application process. Please complete application within seven (7) days or the partial application will be automatically deleted.
- Current student photo
- Transcripts or report cards. You must have a record of grades for the last two years in PDF or JPEG files only, less than 5MB in size. You will only be able to upload one document, so please ensure all pages of the records of grades are scanned as a single document.
We recommend that you collect the following documents prior to applying. These documents assist us in making an admission decision should we require additional information. They must be submitted as single documents in PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each.
- Passport photo page. Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant’s passport. This allows us to double-check the applicant’s information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Letter of Recommendation. Please have a teacher, school counselor, or Headmaster/Principal write a letter of recommendation for the applicant. This letter should be on school letterhead and identify the student and their strong points. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Student’s letter of intent. This letter is written by the student explaining their desire to come to Canada and study in Qualicum School District. It should outline their past studies, their interests and hobbies, and their future goals. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Custodian document. If the applicant will not be part of our homestay program, or if their choose not to use our custodianship service, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Parksville/Qualicum area.
- Photo albums. Some students compile a photo album for our homestay placement process. Please scan the entire album as one document.
- Other documents. If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.
Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION (click here) and send us the Application Processing Fee of $500 (Cdn) as a micro-encoded International Money Order. Please note that the application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee.
If your application is approved, we will forward an official Letter of Acceptance and Letter of Guardianship if necessary. A letter will also be sent to you, advising you of the total amount of tuition and homestay fees payable as well as payment method and deadline.
- For current program fees please contact the ISP Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application & Program Fees are payable to:
Qualicum International Student Programs School District No. 69
- Refund Policy… Withdrawal dates & amount of refund
By Nov. 1: 60% of tuition fee and remaining homestay fees; By Feb. 1: 30% of tuition fee and remaining homestay fees
Payment of Fees
- Application fees must be paid in advance before consideration will be given to applications by students.
- For students who have been accepted, school fees AND the homestay deposit (where applicable) must be paid in order to receive the Letter of Acceptance Guarantee required by Immigration Canada.
- Fees may be paid by: CHEQUE OR BANK
Bank draft or certified cheque providing the issuing DRAFT bank is associated with a Canadian Bank. Use a microencoded cheque or bank draft. Please make cheques/drafts payable to International Student Program, School District No. 69.
Our ONLINE APPLICATION is the preferred method of applying.
Our full paper application form may be requested by emailing us at email@example.com
To apply for Summer or other Short-term Programs, go to the Summer Programs » page of this website.